Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My workout yesterday wasn't as good as usual. I think that giving blood the day before had an effect on my energy level. I walked for 10 minutes, lifted weights for 40 minutes and did 50 crunches. I just didn't have it in me to do the 30 minutes of cardio.

I had two Special Kay protein shakes and a Healthy Choice frozen dinner yesterday for breakfast and lunch. I had applesauce and clementines for snacks and a dinner of green beans, corn, and a chicken leg. The controlled calorie breakfast and lunch idea worked out pretty well in my efforts to reduce my intake. Of course, my reduced intake could be because we went to the the gym; we always eat less on gym nights.

My dad is back in the hospital. He's been in and out since December 31st. The list of reasons is long and varied. It's hard to see him go through this. He's getting frustrated. I'll have to keep my options open as far as gym visits go. I'm not sure when he's going back home and I'll want to go visit him if he stays longer than a day or two this time. Hopefully, this last scare is a reaction to a new medication they put him on and he'll be home in no time!

Today is my four month anniversary with the BodyMedia armband. Congratulations to me!! As a reward for my efforts, my body showed a two pound loss today. That makes twenty-two pounds in 4 months. Not exactly a rabbit's pace, but the turtle won, didn't she? ;) I won't count the loss until it sticks for a couple days, but it's a good sign! I am still happy that I bought the armband and that I'm using the site. The blog helps a lot, too. Accountability!

Today, Tracy is and I are going to take some pictures and we'll post them. Hopefully, I'll be able to see a physical difference. Twenty pounds is hard to see when there were eighty to lose, but 1/4 of the total goal should be noticeable. Let's hope so!!

From yesterday: Calorie consumption = 1899. Calorie deficit = 566. Chest, shoulders, back. Crunches = 50.

Have a great day! TTYL!

1 comment:

  1. What is the saying? Is it "show and easy wins the race"? You continue to stay on the path. That's great!!! Congratulations on 2 more pounds.

    ReplyDelete