Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday, January 2, 2010

Who says thirteen is an unlucky number? Look at all the 13s in my numbers from yesterday!

Calorie deficit = 1,313. Steps talen 13,833.

Needless to say, I had a good day on January 1st! I began the day by walking 1 hour at 3 mph on the treadmill. No only did that ensure I'd get 10,000 steps in, but it also gave me more than 1 1/2 hours of physical activity. It also really increased my calorie burn.

What people say about the benefits of exercize is so true. When I really exercize hard (Believe me, walking for an hour at 3 mph is hard exercize for me!) my attitude throughout the day is far better than when I don't. I have more energy, I eat less, and I sleep better.

I also stuck with my other dietary goals yesterday. No salt was added to my food. I ate only whole grains and non-fat dairy. I bought fish at Meijers for the month. Four different kinds of frozen fish which I'll prepare four different ways will make "Fish Tuesday" interesting.

Today we are butchering the hogs that Michael slaughtered yesterday. It'll be long day standing on my feet. I have control over the cuts and trim. This year, I'm having the guys trim all the fat off the roasts and chops. I won't take any "country-style ribs" or fresh side as they are way too fatty. Those cuts will all be ground as sausage. The sausage grind will be 90% lean.

I also decided against taking my usual Apple Spice Cake to share with everyone today. I decided on a vegetable tray instead.

I hope that everyone has a great day! More move! Eat less!

1 comment:

  1. You rock girlfriend! What an awesome day. As always, you are my hero!
    - Tracy

    ReplyDelete