Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1st!

Like Diana, I am going to post some of my health related resolutions...

- Eliminate Diet Coke almost entirely from my diet.  I won't beat myself up if I have a couple a week.
- Drink GREEN tea - 7 times the antioxidants as black tea with less caffeine
- Prepare and plan meals in advance as much as possible.
- Eat a whole grain hot breakfast each morning with an orange or fruit with vitamin C (increases the LDL stabilizing effects by 4 fold)  I will have a freezable recipe for you very soon!
- Remove cheese from my diet so that I eat it less than once per week.
- Increase my nut intake and monounsaturated fats
- Take my fish oil supplement daily
- Do not eat bread unless it is 100% whole wheat.
- Remove ALL HFCS from my home and do not allow it to enter.  I will not beat myself or my kids up over this though.  We will be searching for alternative brands of ketchup and such.
- Limit my animal fat and protein intake to about 10% of my diet.
- Try to eat 3 different colors of fruit and vegie at lunch and dinner. White and brown do not count as a color!
- Blog each day.
- Share what I am learning with my blog friends!
- Keep going with the aerobic exercise and add resistance training at least 2 times per week.

2011 is going to be a fantastic year where lots of aspirations will be realized.  Life is good!
- Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment