Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

Yesterday went well. We butchered 4 hogs. Although it was bit warm (which makes the meat a little harder to work with) it was cold enough to keep the pork from going bad. The pork chops and roasts are trimmed of all visible fat and the sausage is very lean. After we showered and rested a bit, I cooked some of the sausage. There was absolutely no melted fat in the frying pan. None. Really. Boy, was it good! Fresh meat. No hormones. No antibiotics. Free-range. The animals are treated with respect and consideration while being raised and during slaughter. Processed properly. Cut and trimmed to order. You can really taste the difference. We have 3 more hogs and a steer to process this month. Our share will provide enough beef and pork for a year.

I had a pretty good day as far as my dietary and exercize goals were concerned. I did an hour on the treadmill in the morning. I took oranges and a vegetable tray. I ate my barbecued sandwich without a bun. But, I sucumbed to the raisin turnovers that my mother-in-law always brings. They are soft shortbread folded over raisins that are kind of like mincemeat pie filling. I ate 4. They were very good, as always. It wouldn't be a butchering day with the family without them! I counted them as 100 calories each.

For the day: Calorie deficit = 609. Steps - 12,335. Crunches = 30 (I actually forgot them yesteerday!)

Have a good day! Move more! Eat less!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you are treating yourself with respect and consideration, too! Great job on the steps and crunches, too! Wow. Off to a great start for 2011.

    ReplyDelete