Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Green Monster Smoothie?

I am going to give it try tomorrow morning.  I am told that this smoothie will give you a ton of energy AND the kids will eat/drink it.  I will believe it when I see it.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups organic spinach
  • 1-1.25 cups milk (your choice of cow’s milk, soy, hemp, almond, rice, etc)
  • 1 tablespoon flax (optional)
  • 1 banana
  • ice
Directions:
1) Flax, 2) spinach, 3) banana, 4) milk. The reason for this order is so the heavier ingredients weigh down the flax and spinach and keep it from flying up around the blender and sticking to the side. Blend everything on the highest setting for 1 minute or so. Finally, add ice and blend on the ice setting. Pour into a large, fancy glass. Sit back, gulp it down, and be prepared to have endless energy!

I am going to replace the flax for chia seeds AND I am going to add a vanilla yogurt to make it even sweeter.  Wish me luck!
- Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment