Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011

I have been enjoying the gym. I like working out there a lot. The weight training is fun and different; I haven't felt the tightness in my muscles since I started walking a lot in November. My chest feels tight and strong. I don't get as many steps in as when I just walk at home, though. In February, I'd like to make the challenge more about other forms of exercise, such as swimming and weight training.

From yesterday: Steps = 10,204. (Steps numbers reflect a regular work day and 2 miles on the treadmill at 3 mph) Calorie deficit = 307. Crunches = 50.

I had a cold in December that got pretty bad (I think everybody I know did!). I never quite got over it. It seems to be trying to make a comeback. I've been coughing and my voice is weak. I may skip the workout today and just rest. The heavy breathing seems to kick up a coughing fit. I have used two of my days off for the challenge. I think get five, right?

Concerning the January Challenge, I'm doing pretty well. My weak area is calorie deficit. I should average 750. My average for January is 493. Getting rid of about 250 calories per day should be easy enough. I'll see what I can do.

Have a great day! Big hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment