Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do carbs have a bad wrap?

My feeling today is that they do!  I am eating big carbs every morning (oatmeal with raisins) and eating mostly carbs (even plant proteins have lots of carbs) very little animal protein, exercising about half of what I was before and I am more consistently loosing weight then ever before!  Some might try to say that I am losing muscle... well, I personally don't think so.  I feel better than I ever have.  I actually did my weight routine last night and was able to pump up the weights by at least 5 pounds on each machine! I am 2 pounds away from being able to use my scales that will give me a reading on my body fat percentage.  This will be helpful to monitor and see if I am actually loosing muscle mass with my mostly veggie diet.  I will keep you up to date, but I still have 2 pounds before I can start monitoring this.

Now, with all of this being said... I am not touching any food that comes from a box or plastic bag unless the ingredients in the box or bag is singular.  I am not eating ANY processed foods.  I will make difficult foods in advance and freeze them.  If it is too difficult, I try to make the recipe easier or less complex.  I do make exceptions as well for organic chips that I can't make myself and that my kids could not live without.

What are your thoughts? Are you on a high protein diet?

1 comment:

  1. I am not on a high protein diet. My protein, carbs and fat are balanced approximately 30/40/30.

    I don't eat many highly processed foods, since most of what we eat is produced and processed at home. I buy and eat bread, English muffins, pasta and tortillas (whole wheat only). We buy cereal, too, but that's whole grain. All of our canned vegetables and fruits, I can at home. The rest I buy fresh.

    I do use spice packets that are prepared, but less than twice a month. There are never any chips, cookies or cakes here.

    I am a firm believer in calories burned equals weight loss -- no matter the combination. Physiologically nothing else makes sense. The trick is finding the right deficit!

    ReplyDelete