Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday, December 10, 2010

Calorie deficit = 445. Steps = 9,556. Water = 64 ounces. Sodium - 3,640 mg. Fat = 38%.

I made my steps goal on the treadmill. Thanks goodness I bought it! The walking that I did around the house combined with 2 miles on the treamill took me to the 9,556. I would like to walk 3 miles on the treadmill every day. The time factor is what's holding me back. I can't walk 3 miles at 3 mph quite yet, so I'm walking at 2mph. To walk 3 miles at 2 mph would take 1 1/2 hours. I just don't have that much time on a work day to devote to walking.

If I want to meet my weight loss goal by September, I'm going to have to reduce my caloric intake. The Body Media system says I have to have a calorie defict of 1,000 in order to get to 175 by September 2011. I have a calorie deficit of about 750 over the past 15 days.

It's either up my exercise or increase my deficit if I want to make my goal by September 2011.

When I reflect on the choices I made yesterday, I see times where I could have reduced my caloric intake. I could have not had 1 1/2 cups of pasta at dinner. I could have skipped the salad dressing. I could have made a different choice for a mid-morning snack. Small choices like these can make a big impact.

Like Boxer in Animal Farm said, "I will try harder!"

Have a great day! Eat less! Walk more!

2 comments:

  1. It will not take long for you to get to the 3 mph time. I can do this now. It took me a long time to get there though. Also, I just can't do this everyday. Some days, I am just SLOW. I vote for upping the exercise. This is ALWAYS better than lowering calories!

    Just my 2 cents...
    - Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the old song
    Little Things Mean a Lot?
    That made me smile, about Boxer!

    ReplyDelete