Saturday, December 11, 2010

Progress 12/10

I am not sure you can call what I have been doing progress in the challenge.  It is progress in my life but I have lots of work to do on the challenge!  Here are my numbers:

BodyMedia FIT data for December 10, 2010
Calories Burned - 3274 | Calories Consumed - 1187 | Total Activity - 0:40 | Moderate Activity - 0:38 | Vigorous Activity - 0:02 | Steps Taken - 7053 | Sleep Duration - 9:23 | Lying Down - 10:04 | Sleep Efficiency - 93%

Steps - 7,053
Deficit - 2087
Sodium - 2341
Fat - 39.3%

Anyone out there ever feel like you are neglecting your family?  I feel just awful because until I get my steps in, I am constantly looking to escape to go exercise! I feel so guilty.  I know rationally that I am giving them and myself a great gift but the short term goals are so tough.  I am struggling with balancing work, school activities, my nonprofit work, spending fun time with my fam, blogging and getting my steps in!  I do well in the food realm... it is just that hour to 1.5 hours I need each day to myself to exercise.  Golly, I can't imagine doing more than that but I know that I will need to at some point. 

Yesterday, my steps were completely shopping steps.  We are getting close to being done but we still have more to go.  I think the majority will be done online now so that might free up some time.

Well, I am off to Chinese school then school play and then a Christmas party.  Will I get my steps in today.  I highly doubt it.  Tomorrow, I have to work 8 hours and then go directly to a family Christmas party.  Again, I highly doubt I will get my steps in.  I guess that means double duty next week (I think things calm down then)!

Have a good day!
- Tracy

1 comment:

  1. While you may not think that your challenge efforts are all that great, I do! Look at your calorie deficit! As along as you are exercizing and keep your calories down, you're on track!!!

    Yes, I do sometimes feel that I'm neglecting the family. The other day I was on the treadmill trying to get in a few more steps, and the kids were hovering around. "Grandma!! Watch me exercize!!" Grandma, I can do lots of sit-ups!" I kept hoping they'd go away so I could listen to my music and realx into my walking.

    You know that what you're doing is the best gift could could give them -- YOU! Healthier and around LOTS longer!!

    Big hugs to you, Tracy!!!!

    ReplyDelete