Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday, December 20, 2010

Well, I made it through my sister's Christmas Party with just a couple dings! One thing's for sure, I love snacky foods and tidbits! I did have some candy, sausage wraps, nuts and dips, but I was relatively reasonable in the number of things I ate. My fat and sodium are too high because I made those choices, but I'm not feeling too badly about it all.

Calorie deficit = 577. Steps = 11,382. Water = 64 ounces. Sodium = 4,329. Fat = 44%.

After this week, the challenges that the holidays bring will be over. My wedding anniversary is tomorrow. We met at Olive Garden, so we usually go there for dinner. I'm nixing that idea because I ALWAYS overeat when we go there. I think that I'll buy a couple really nice steaks or a piece of fish and cook here instead. That way, I'll know exactly what I'm eating.

After that, I have to deal with the meal on Christmas Eve. There will be high calorie foods there to tempt me. If I can avoid the cheesecake (OMG, I LOVE cheesecake!)I'll consider it a major victory. I should be able to avoid the other major temptations.

On Christmas Day, we are hosting my in-laws for dinner. It will a total carb fest of side dishes AND we're deep frying a turkey! There will also be a pumpkin roll beckoning me from the sidelines. I didn't really have much say on the menu. (Hey, aren't I the hostess??????) I think that I'll add some things to the menu so I don't go into a tail spin.

Lord, help me!!!

I have been doing really well on the treadmill the past 4 days. I can walk 2 miles at 3 mph without stopping. I would like to up it to 3 miles. I'm going to give it a shot today. I'm off today and will be doing some shopping. I don't have to cook since Michael is going to a buddy's tonight and the grandkids aren't here for a couple days. Maybe when I'm shopping today, I'll swing into Meijer's and get nice piece of fish for myself ...


Have a great day!

1 comment: