Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010

I went shopping yesterday and got some great after Christmas bargins! I have some great step numbers, too!

Calorie deficit = 175 Steps = 10,152

I'm going to be in the car today driving the kids to meet the other grandmother half-way between her house and ours. They will be there for a week. I'm really looking forward to the break. I'm not expecting to get great step numbers today.

I'm going to re-do my plan on the BodyMedia site. It allows you the option to set your goals and project the length of time it will take you reach your desired weight. After two months with the program, I am realizing that my life and personality don't fit with what's required to get where I wanted to be as quickly as I wanted to get there. Rather than force myself into a plan that will end up making me miserable because I can't achieve the goals, it seems best to use the information I've gained to make a plan that will work for me.

More specifically, to get to 170 by June, I would have to exercize 1 1/2 hours a day and have a calorie deficit of 1,000 per day. That's just not possible time-wise and doesn't fit with my lifestyle and my personality. Goals should be challenging, but realistic. If they are not, failure will occur.

I'll let you know what I come up with. I'm expecting that I'll want to change my calorie deficit to something like 500 per day.

The book that Tracy is reading sounds interesting. I'm going to go check and see if I can get it for my Nook!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Diana! We were traveling all day and I have no idea what my calorie intake was. I am done with all of the holiday stuff as of today so I should back with the program very soon.

    I like where you are going with the thought process. I think you are right about changing your goals. I know that I burned myself out a bit last month with pushing the exercise so much. I am going to rework a whole slew of stuff real soon. More to come!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete