Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy August!!

I'm starting the new goal set today. I'm thinking of it as a sort of sugar busters meets South Beach meets Adkins thing for the next couple weeks. Processed sugar and grain are empty calories and so easy to eat. They are not the least bit filling and are unhealthy. I also think that eliminating things that my body doesn't really use a true fuel is a good idea. It will be interesting to see how it effects my weight and the break down of my food.

I finished making my yearly allotment of zucchini bread. I now have frozen 14 loaves of bread to use for gifts, parties, potlucks and gatherings. The bread is wonderful and it freezes very well.

I'm going to can a few green beans today. There aren't many beans this year to process. All the rain caused the plants to mold underneath and most of the wax and green bean pods are ruined. Michael is planning to do a final picking on Thursday and he'll pull the plants then. Last year, I put up about 30 quarts. This year, I'm canning beans in pints and will have less than 30. The bean harvest is dissapointing this year!!

Did you notice the activity level, calorie burn, and steps from yesterday? I was VERY active! We went on an early bike ride and then worked at home the rest of the day.

BodyMedia FIT data for July 31, 2011
Calories Burned - 3435 | Calories Consumed - 2770 | Total Activity - 1:04 | Moderate Activity - 1:04 | Vigorous Activity - 0:00 | Steps Taken - 10076 | Sleep Duration - 5:35 | Lying Down - 6:19 | Sleep Efficiency - 88%.

No comments:

Post a Comment