Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday July 18

Today I finished with 1872 calories. We had City BBQ for lunch today and that was tough to keep from having seconds. I only ate the meat with a small salad. Very satisfying. For dinner, me and my girls made beef kabobs. Yum! We also grilled eggplant on skewers as well. I am not sure I would do that again. It is much better sliced and grilled. Anyway, LOTS of vegies for dinner with a few oz of beef.

Activity continues to be a HUGE problem. I HAVE to solve that this week. Today my armband said that I burned only 2800 calories yesterday... Today, it is gearing up to be worse. YIKES! I can't continue with these kinds of numbers and still lose weight. The deficit has to be at least 1000 calories to account for errors in my calorie calculations and the armband errors. I am figuring at least a 10% error rate is pretty normal. I think even bodymedia agrees with this. So a 1k deficit should really could count as a 700 calorie deficit. at that rate I am about 1.5 pounds a week. booo! I need to have at least 2 a week and can safely lose 3 per week. I would prefer to be closer to the 3 (that means I need to have a deficit somewhere between 1500 and 1900 calories... not always realistic but on some days it might be doable). I need to step it up in a big way! Later this week that WILL happen!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Your blog has motivated me to buy a BodyMedia armband. I love how you add your stats to the bottom of your posts and want to do the same for my blog.

    It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I am so excited. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, B-Dub! We will be excited to hear about your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, you're doing fine. Just keep posting and the rest will fall in place ...

    ReplyDelete