Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15, 2011

I really appreciated two people that reached out to me yesterday. The comments made by "G" on yesterday's entry and a text sent by Tracy had some valuable insights.

"G" is right; I need to treat myself well -- like I would treat a friend. This means more than just self-talk, though that is key. I need to treat myself well in terms of self-talk, nourishment, and lifestyle choices. This idea is a notion I have visited before. A couple years ago, Oprah talked about thanking your body for carrying you through life. You don't thank it with Dilly Bars. All Dilly Bars do quiet an angry/sad/bored/depressed spirit, and only for a moment. So, "treat myself well" is my first goal.

Tracy sent me a link to a post from "Skinny Emmie." Skinny Emmie is a woman who blogs about her weight loss journey. She's trying to lose more than 200 punds and is about half-way there. I'd never read her blog before. It's a good blog. Her entry yesterday was about "hiding food." Not hiding in terms of stuffing it into drawers and cabinets, but hiding in terms of not reporting accurately -- two cups of cereal instead of one, for example. I've been hiding food like that. The first thing that occurred to me was the creamer that I've been using. I haven't been recording it. I haven't been weighing and measuring. I've been having bites of this and that. So, "stop hiding food" is my second goal.

I started with the BodyMedia armband and site on November 8th, 2010. I weighed 260 pounds. I got down to 235 pounds on May 5, 2012. Yesterday, I weighed 255. It freaked me out to see that number. (Stopping myself right now from another self-depricating rant!!) Reporting my weight every day on the BodyMedia site helps me "see" what's going on. So, my third goal is "report my weight every day."

I reset the BodyMedia goals. I measured myself. I set my weight loss goal at 185 and 1.5 pounds a week. I will reach my goal on June 12, 2012. I will get 30 minutes of moderate exercise and 8,000 steps each day. My BMI is 41.1 now; it will be 29.9. My waist is 46.5, my hips are 48.5, and my chest (area below my breasts) is 45.5. I will show a defict of 750 calories each day. Charts, graphs, tools, etc. help me and give me something to focus on. So, my fourth goal is "use the BodyMedia site as it was meant to be used, report the data here on this blog, and create a chart showing all my goals and mark it every day."

What will I eat? I will strive for a balanced, healthy diet with 25% fat, 25% protein and 50% healthy carbohydrates. the BodyMedia site breaks that out for me. I haven't used that in a long time. So, my fifth goal is "strive for a balanced, healthy diet."

Today, July 15, 2011, I'm starting anew. Really. Five goals. All reasonable.

Today's weight is 254.8.

See you tomorrow! Have a happy and healthy day.

2 comments:

  1. And you CAN do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,
    You are right on. Just LOVE yourself as you are and treat yourself well. Treating yourself well means not putting in junk! So stuff yourself with vegies! I know, easier said than done but you can do this! This is not a win lose battle. This is just a constant battle that we will face our entire life. So it is a one moment, one day at a time battle. Think of today as setting you up for success tomorrow. Like savings in the bank. You can do it!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete