Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday May 3, 2011 -- Part Two

As you probably gleaned from my post yesterday, a lot of the impetus behind the beginning of my journey had to do with me hating the way I looked. I literally stopped caring about my appearance and allowed myself to accept it.

I've been thinking a lot about what I wrote yesterday, about the interview I went on, and about my image. I've never been one to fuss over myself, wear lots of make-up, fiddle with my hair, or wear lots of jewelry/accessories. Still, I did care what I looked like and I did make an effort to be attractive.

I LOVED getting dressed up yesterday; it felt great to "show myself off." Even at 235 pounds, I felt confident and capable. I felt so good that I took a self-portrait and posted it on facebook. This was a big step for me; people that haven't seen me in years were able to see that I wasn't slim, athletic and sexy anymore. Making an effort to look nice made a huge difference in my attitude and made for a wonderful day. It also made me stop and think how much better I would look and feel about myself if I made more of an effort on a daily basis.

I believe that by making an effort to present myself more professionally, more attractively, and just prettier, I might be inspired to make a bigger push to lose more weight.

Don't get me wrong, 25 pounds lost in 7 months is an accomplishment. I'm proud of what I've done, but I have been struggling for months to maintain a consistent effort. Maybe if I dressed like someone who cares about her image, I would slowly really start to care. You know, really care about how I looked. Really care about the whole me. Maybe I would naturally make good choices.

This rambling makes some sense to me, does it make sense to you?

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this post. I was so unhappy at 135 lbs in high school but was SO happy at 165 lbs a year ago when I lost my first 20-25 lbs. I felt on top of the world :)

    Keep up the great work and you are doing amazinglY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Safire. I REALLY appreciate your following the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It absolutely makes sense to me! I have been working toward the same goals... just caring about my appearance! It really makes a big difference in how people treat you. At least that has been my experience. I have also figured out that men REALLY like heels! Hahahahaha Only took me until the age of 44 to learn that one... lol.

    ReplyDelete