Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I went to the gym early yesterday and got in my usual routine. I managed to get everything done yesterday, including stopping to see how my dad is since he came home from the hospital on Sunday. He appears to be tired, but recovering. My mom came over to celebrate her birthday and we watched a slide show from her trip to Coata Rica. My sisters stopped by after dinner and we had fun just hanging out together.

I ate too much yesterday. The problem came in the afternoon when I was preparing dinner. I deboned the pork chops and the tenderloin pieces from the chops looked too good to waste. I cooked them as an afternoon snack. I tried to make up for it at dinner by skipping the mashed potatoes and doubling up on the green beans. That small choice and the gym visit allowed me to show a decent deficit. Small choices, adjustments, and regular exercise are making a difference.

It's interesting to note that the more times I "deny myself" (no mashed potatoes, for example), the easier it is the next time. Success builds success. Small choices grow into habits. I see myself changing ...

From yesterday: Calorie consumption = 2,379. Calorie deficit - 576. Biceps, Triceps, Legs. Crunches = 75. Aerobics = 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I see you changing, too. In good ways. It's happy stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete