Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday, February 11, 2011

Yesterday's gym visit was great!! I had a good work out -- chest, shoulders, back, 40 minutes of aerobics and 75 crunches. I am doing well on the elliptical. I remember when I could barely make 10 minutes on it. I can go 30 minutes now. It really burns the calories! After my workout, I sat in the sauna, then the steam room for a total of 20 minutes. I decided to spend some extra time and put on my swim suit after the steam room. I went to the pool area and got in the whirlpool for a while.

The best part, though, was my time in the swimming pool. I floated and paddled around for quite a while. It was so relaxing. The cool water and the solitude were amazing. I had the large empty space all to myself. The only sound was the water as I moved through it. I love the water -- magical and musical.

I ended up staying at the gym for more than two hours yesterday! I'm so glad we decided to join. Want to know somethng funny? I honestly had to drag myself there after work. I really just wanted to go home and eat dinner. The gym was definately a better choice!!

I got the results of my blood work back yesterday. There was all good news! My thyroid is normal. Guess my doctor was right, I just eat too much! hahaha Go figure!!

Also good to hear is the fact that ALL my blood fats are within a normal, healthy range. My total cholesterol is 176. They want you be below 190. I was really glad to hear the news about my blood fat because we eat so much red meat. People always sort of gasp and shake their head when I say that I eat 8 or more ounces of beef or pork every day. Since the meat is very lean (because we process it) and because I don't eat much cheese and only non-fat dairy, it really doesn't make a difference.

There's lots of talk about how unhealthy red meat is. I think there's more to consider than that. It's the way it's prepared and the butchering process that make red meat healthy or not. Chicken, fish and vegetables can have negative effects on your blood fats if they are prepared in unheathy ways. I feel best when I eat a good amount of meat. It suits my body. It makes me feel full and provides a slow, constant supply of energy throughout my day.

The BodyMedia site is down this morning, so I can't report numbers. I had a good day yesterday as far as my deficit goes.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment