Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

From yesterday: Steps = 10,484. Calorie deficit = 296. Crunches = 0

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. Those steps are all from cleaning. The house looks great! I love housework (really!). I think I would have made a great 50's wife. Cute little shirtwaist dress, a touch of red lipstick, cookies in the oven ... But I digress ...

My visit to the dotor was interesting. She took a look at my stats and said immediately. "Calories are too high. You need to eat less." When I protested and said, "But I have a good calorie deficit and I've been exercising a lot. I should have lost SOMETHING the past 6 weeks!!" She stated that it wasn't low enough and my body had probably gotten used to the exercise program. She did write me a prescription for a blood workup, because " ... it's been a year and is time for one."

Okay, well, that's depresing. I feel like a whiney baby when I cry to myself, "I don't wanna eat less! I like to eat!!!" I am going to try and drop my calories to 1800. I am also changing my exercise routine to one less focused on strictly walking to one that balances weight training and aerobics.

When I put an optimistic slant on my day, there is good news from my visit: 1) I probably don't have some sort of medical condition, though the lab will check for it. 2) My cheapy analog dial scales DO weigh 10 pounds heavy. I weighed myself on her balance scale fully clothed, without shoes, and weighed 250 exactly. When I came home, I did the same and weighed 260. What that means is that I DID lose 15 pounds the first 6 weeks of this endeavor. When I report my weight on "Weigh in Wednesday," I imagine I'll report 245 ...

I talked with Michael and we decided to adjust the scale here to read negative 10 when there's nothing on it. Maybe it's a mind trick, but it makes me feel good. I also added "good scale" to our list of things to buy when our tax refund check arrives.

This week is a big one around here. We are finishing butchering. We have a beef and more hogs to do. The last round was done at his parent's place, but this round is done here. There's a lot to do around here to get ready for Sunday. The butcher shop (garage) has to be set up and cleaned. We have to completely clean from top to bottom. All surfaces need to be disinfected. The shelves and ceiling need to be cleaned and all cob webs knocked down. The floor needs to be cleaned. The meat saw needs to be assembled and the blades adjusted. Knives need to be sharpened. Today and tomorrow are not gym days. They are cleaning days. So after work, I will head to the garage and help Michael make sure everything is in order. Thursday, he picks up and slaughters the beef. (The beef will hang for 10 days to age. We won't cut it up until the 30th.) Saturday, he picks up and slaughters the hogs. Since hogs don't have to age, on Sunday friends arrive and we butcher (cut and wrap). I will be using my last 2 "days off" from the January Challenge.

I am looking at this week as a transition week. I am going to reduce my calories and begin my new exercise routine on Thursday. I'll tell you more about what I'm doing in regard to weight training later.

Tracy, if Sunday you're just hanging out and want lesson in butchering, come on by. We'll be in the garage. I'll send you home with some homemade sausage, there's nothing like it!

Big hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment