Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday, Janaury 17, 2011

We went to the gym yesterday and finished planning our workout routine. We walked while we were there, too. I really like it there. I am VERY excited to use the pool and hot tub. When my leg is healed, I'm there!!

I am going to see my doctor today to talk with her about my weight loss program. I'm taking the following stats with me. (I pulled these numbers from the BodyMedia site.)

Averages from 12/21/10 - 1/16/11

Calories burned 2805
Calories consumed 2461
Calorie deficit 344
Physical activity 53 minutes of moderate activity
Steps = 9421
Sleep 6 hours and 29 minutes -- Sleep efficiency 78%

Protein = 20%
Fat = 40%
Carbs = 40%
Sodium = 3205 mg

Hopefully, I don't have a thyroid issue. Maybe I just need to further reduce my calorie intake. An average deficit of 344 and no weight loss COULD just be a weighing and/or measurement error. Maybe my metabolism is a little slower than average. Maybe my body is just super-efficient! Maybe years and years of yo-yo dieting and made my body resistent to weight loss. If nothing else, the blood work will show my blood fats and other important things.

Another possibility was mentioned to me yesterday. Perhaps my body has become accustomed to the workout routine that I've been doing for the past three months. The first 6 weeks, I walked about an hour an hour a day, and ate just about the same, but lost 15 pounds. Suddenly, the weight loss stopped. I didn't do anything differently. I kept trying with the same plan. It was suggested that maybe I need to shake up the exercise to continue to get results. If that's the case, then the new workout routine will make a difference.

Whatever the case, I am going to keep at it. Certainly, I am fitter and healthier!

I'll keep you posted!

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the doctor! Let us know how it goes!
    - Tracy

    ReplyDelete