Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011

Another day without walking. :( At least today I'll be able to exercise, because we are going to the gym. I'm VERY excited about it. One of the most exciting parts is that Michael will be going, too! We usually will not be going at the same time, but since Sunday has always been "our" day, we will go on Sundays together.

I'm also looking forward to the pool. Swimming is great exercise and something that I love. I can't wear the BodyMedia armband in the pool, so when I swim, it'll just have to be "secret" exercise. I wonder how the armband will report things like the elliptical and weight training? My plan is to go immediately after work. I'll still use the treadmill here in the mornings or when I can't get away because of the kids.

My life has been pretty stressful lately. Situations with the kids, family, my father's health, finances and work have been taking up a lot of my mind and a lot of my attention. I honestly wonder sometimes how I manage to keep it all glued together. It's hard to remember that if I don't take care of myself, and my needs, I won't be able to keep everything that I am responsible for balanced and running smoothly. My diet and exercise program are really the key to my well-being. Keeping myself "on target" in regard to diet and excercise ensures my mental, emotional and physical health. Without those three things in sync, the rest of my life will not operate smoothly.

Oh, by the way, I lost weight. (Teehee, I saved that for last and kinda sprung in on ya, didn't I?? Not really a "by the way" sorta comment is it??) My crappy, crummy, cheapy scales say I lost 3 pounds! They have redeemed themselves in my eyes! The needle DOES move after all! I'm sticking with those crappy, crummy, cheapy scales, even though they weigh 10 pounds heavy. Afterall, everyone deserves a chance to perform an honest day's work! haha

Again, I didn't walk yesterday, so my numbers don't look all that great.

Steps = 4,637. Calorie deficit = 115. Crunches = 30

Have a great day and remember that your life depends on your health and wellness plan!

Big hugs, Tracy! You are doing so well! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Great attitude and insight!!! You could go into the business! Congratulations on the weight loss, too. Have a great day at the gym. BIG hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooooo awesome about the 3 pounds! See, you needed a break! Have fun at the gym and enjoy your ME time!

    ReplyDelete