Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010

Not a bad day yesterday. Calorie deficit = 754. Steps = 9,456. Water = 64 ounces. Sodium = 3,335. Fat = 34%.

Calorie deficit and steps were both within my target range, as was water.

Sodium and fat were both slightly high. If I had just stuck to my guns and not spread a tablespoon of margarine on my cornbread, I'm sure both would have been fine.

Dinner was good last night! We had bean soup and cornbread. What a great meal -- warm and satisfying -- real "comfort food!"

I'm really loving the treamill. Since it poured down rain yesterday, I would not have gotten in my steps otherwise. I stepped it off in 5 increments, and didn't quit for the day until I was sure I'd made my goal.

The best news of all? I showed another loss today! I'm now down 11.4 pounds. Excited to see a loss of 15! My clothes are fitting differently. I have two pairs of jeans that I could get on, but couldn't really wear. They are comfortable enough to wear all day now.

I think I'll go take my waist measurement really quickly -- hang on and I'll report the results ... Oh my gosh! 45 1/2! That's a loss of exactly 1 inch since October 22.

For those of you reading this blog that are struggling with your weight, please know that persistent effort DOES pay off. Sure it's hard! Sure you'd rather not walk/go to the gym/do you aerobics tape (whatever). Sure you'd rather eat the cake and use salt liberally. If you don't, if you choose to make better choices, things will change. The decisions get easier.

Share your struggles. There's strength in numbers! Share your challenges! When you release your struggles by sharing there's less to carry yourself ...

1 comment:

  1. As always Diana, you rock! You are so right about sharing and just keeping at it! Have a great day lady!
    - Tracy

    ReplyDelete