Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday

Today's our challenge, Tracy! 11,000 steps. Are you up for it? I plan to take a walk in the morning before I head out for my usual Monday shopping trip. I'll take another walk before dinner.

My weekend was ok in terms of activity and steps, not so great in terms of calories consumed. I went slightly over my goal of 1,800 calories to consume both Saturday and Sunday. Still I was below the calories my armband said I burned. So, that puts me on a weight loss trend!

My sleep, as usual, was awful. Last night, I was 75% efficient in my sleep. I need some help getting this under control.

My steps yesterday were 7,666 -- that's 334 below goal. Minutes of moderate activity were 31 -- that's 12 minutes below goal.

I noticed a 0.2 weight increase on the scale this morning. I can't quite figure out why. Maybe salt? Maybe all the asparagus and raspberries from yesterday that haven't "processed all the way?" Who knows. I'm gong to trust the arm band and assume that I am still consuming less than I'm burning.

I DO think that a scale and measuring cups are a big part of this process. Eye-balling portions DOES NOT work. I am going to rededicate myself to measuring. I am also going to try and plan and log the main meals ahead of time instead of after the fact.

Have a good day, pretty lady! Get out there and take some steps!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Diana! Here are my stats for yesterday:

    BodyMedia FIT data for October 31, 2010
    Calories Burned - 3678 | Calories Consumed - 1981 | Total Activity - 1:23 | Moderate Activity - 1:20 | Vigorous Activity - 0:03 | Steps Taken - 7598 | Sleep Duration - 7:33 | Lying Down - 7:37 | Sleep Efficiency - 99%

    My steps had to be at least 10k if not 11k but I had my arms in my pockets so it did not register. I am going for a hike this morning at Highbanks. That should be fun. Taking Dynamite with me too!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo, it's the arms swinging that registers steps taken? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think so. It is a pedometer after all. Although a very savvy one. If you ride a bike, you will not get "steps". I think and elliptical is the same unless the arms are moving. I will have to experiment to see!

    ReplyDelete