Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday November 12, 2010

I had the day off yesterday and spent it running around, shopping for Christmas, and putting up some decorations. I didn't get an actual walk in and was exhausted at the end of the day.

I made a great choice at dinner and opted out of the cheese-laden spaghetti casserole. Instead I made my salad extra big and topped it with two boiled eggs. I added dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and some croutons. Instead of ranch dressing, I used a vinegarette. Do you know vinegarette has less calories than ranch? I didn't. I also chose not to put grated cheese on the salad. Believe me, I thought about it. I stood at the fridge, with the door open, for a good 30 seconds, then decided against it. Yay me!! The salad was huge! I bet it was 4 or 5 cups all together. I ate it all!

My sodium intake was high yesterday. (Dagnabbit! I said I was going to watch that closer!) I think the croutons and sunflower seeds were mostly responsible, but I'm wondering about the shrimp and cocktail sauce I had yesterday as well. BobyMedia shows my total sodium intake at close to 6,000 mg. I think I'd like it around 4,000 mg, but I don't know much about sodium, I think I might do a bit of research to see recommended sodium intake and to see if shrimp has a lot. Body Media only shows the total sodium intake for the day and doesn't breakdown it down for individual foods.

Numbers for the challenge? Steps taken = 9,584. Calorie deficit = 432. Water = 16 ounces. (I did drink LOTS of tea yesterday, Tracy!)

Have a great day!

Move more!

No comments:

Post a Comment