Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yesterday was an overall icky day, mostly because of work. Work was stressfull, and I let it get to me. One of these days, I'm going "go postal." Yesterday, I felt close. How can a job be both mind-numbing AND stressfull??

Because I let my job get to me, I gave myself a 6 on "treat myself well." I did try to combat the stress by walking at break and lunch. The outside air felt good and reminded me of my desired life. Michael and I are working on a 4 year plan and soon I'll be living more than just a shadow of my desired life. Until then, I have to remember where I'm going. Besides walking as a way to treat myself well, I shared my feelings with co-workers didn't dwell on the situation that caused my anxiety. I moved on.

I did not hide food yesterday my portions, though too large, were properly weighed and every bite was accounted for.

I weigh 253.2 today. My deficit was only 42. My steps were 6598 (better than yesterday). My activity level was 53 minutes (also better than yesterday).

My fat was 39% (too high), protein 19% (too low) and my carbs 41% (too low). Egg salad, meatloaf and popcorn popped in oil were mostly responsibile for my fat intake. I'm glad to say that the egg salad is all gone. I don't think I'll make it again for a while. It's just not a good choice. I did make some good food choices yesterday. I only had 1/3 cup of mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons of gravy with dinner. Instead, I filled my plate with green beans. I also had two bananas, a nectarine, and a bunch of baby carrots. At the grocery store, I bought coffee creamer that's lower in fat and sugar than the french vanilla I've been buying (and not counting up until the 15th!).

I am considering a high protein/low carb diet for my next two weeks. I really enjoy protein and it keeps me very satisfied. Maybe a "lean and green" approach ...

Whatever I decide, it's important for me to set goals, even if I don't always achieve them. I really like the chart I've been using the last couple days, and I like using the BodyMedia site to its fullest to see the components of my diet.

My struggle with food is the struggle of my lifetime. It's a battle that if I don't at least try to fight will cloud my "desired life." Just trying to fight it gives me strength. Does that make sense to you??

Have a happy and healthy day!

BodyMedia FIT data for July 16, 2011
Calories Burned - 2558 | Calories Consumed - 2516 | Total Activity - 0:53 | Moderate Activity - 0:53 | Vigorous Activity - 0:00 | Steps Taken - 6598 | Sleep Duration - 7:32 | Lying Down - 10:01 | Sleep Efficiency - 75%.

1 comment:

  1. Just so happens that my morning meditation reading today was
    "You had better live your best and act your best and think your best today: for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow and all the other tomorrows that follow"
    Harriet Martineau

    ReplyDelete