Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day! I hope that everyone enjoys their day.

I have decided to change things up. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I have removed my armband. It was becoming bothersome in several ways. I am not giving up on my health, fitness, and weight loss goal, though.

My knee is still in the brace and that's really hampering my ability to exercise. I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow. It's closed today. I'll get in the pool and try some swimming and other movement activity. My appointment at the ortho is
Friday.

I am in the process of checking out an online calorie counter (mycaloriecounter.com). It's free, at least it appears to be so. These "free sites" are not to be blindly trusted, so I'm really watching it. So far, it seems ok. I entered my goal weight at 185 and my calorie target at 1,750. Both seem reasonable.

The calorie tracker keeps track of fat, sodium, fiber, water, and vitamins. For now, I am shooting for a standard "healthy diet."

Picking reasonable goals isn't a problem for me. As I'm sure you've noticed, it's sticking to my intake goals that's really hard for me. Maybe I need intense psychotherapy! hahaha I have also located meeting dates and time for Overeaters Anonymous. Over the years, I've tried almost everything, but never an apporoach that may address my addiction. I think I owe it to myself to give it a shot. I will make it a meeting next Monday.

Okay, we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment