Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011

I accomplished several things yesterday in terms of really getting back on track. Most importantly, I made a chart showing the five goals I decided on. The chart is for the rest of July. I'm going to think about things two weeks at a time. The goals I'm working on are: 1) treat myself well, 2) stop "hiding" food, 3) report my weight every day, 4) blog and report BodyMedia goals, 5) follow a balanced healthy diet.

For "treat myself well" I decided to rate that on a scale of 1 - 10.This rating will be an overall assessment of how I lived my life that day. Was I good to myself? Did I live my life in a way that makes me feel good about who I am and where I'm going? I gave myself a 7 yesterday.

I really reported all my food accurately yesterday. No "hidden calories!"

Today, I weigh 252.6. That's 2.2 pounds less than yesterday. That's something to feel great about this morning!!

My deficit was 349, my steps were 5826 and my activity was 46 minutes. Only the activity level met my BodyMedia goals. Protein was 23%, carbs were 42%, and fat was 34%. Fat was too high and carbs too low. Still, not terrible!

I reviewed my food intake and noticed a couple things. First, the whole grain bread I've been eating packs a lot of calories! 240 calories for two slices! That seems like a lot. Still it's whole grain -- healthy carbs. I'm torn on this issue. Second, the mayonnaise and corn oil kind of seem like empty calories. They are tasty, sure, but two tablespoons of oil are more than I need. Thirdly, I had some really empty calories; I had one of my home-canned brandied peaches. Just one. It's canned in heavy syrup. Again, tasty, but not necessary.

I really should have gotten in a few more steps. I walked yesterday for a 15 minutes at lunch, but it wasn't enough to get to 8,000. I'll try to get in more steps today.

See you tomorrow! Have a happy and healthy day!!

BodyMedia FIT data for July 15, 2011
Calories Burned - 2452 | Calories Consumed - 2103 | Total Activity - 0:46 | Moderate Activity - 0:46 | Vigorous Activity - 0:00 | Steps Taken - 5826 | Sleep Duration - 6:52 | Lying Down - 8:59 | Sleep Efficiency - 76%.

No comments:

Post a Comment