Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday, March 13, 2011

I'm really not happy about reporting my weight for the week since I have a pretty big gain to report. I weighed 240 this morning. That's a 4 pound increase since last week. No "explanations," no excuses. I gained. That's it.

Not only my weight is up. Here are my averages for the past week:

Calories burned = 2205
Calories consumed = 2375
Calorie surplus = 170
Steps = 7029
Physical activity = 43 minutes
Sleep = 6:34
Sodium = 3361
Fat = 40% and 106 grams per day

I need to revisit what's worked for me in the past. Clearly, regular aerobic exercise is a must. I also have to get my calorie consumption down. I keep talking about the need for a calorie defict of 750 per day. I REALLY need to make that happen. I have been slacking.

I haven't made a chart in month or so. Tracy and I haven't had a challenge in a while. Both those things were also really helping me.

Tracy! I challenge you to a 6 week challenge. Winner takes all!! I'm proposing a four-pronged challenge: 1) Log your food everyday as accurately as possible. (Even if you have to "go back and do it later.") 2) Report every day on the blog 3) Have a deficit of 750 or less, on average, for the challenge period. 4) Have an activity level of 45 minutes, on average, for the challenge period.

This time we have a prize. The "winner" takes the "loser" to a movie of her choice, in her neighborhood. No kids, no husbands. It's possible to have two winners. We'd both win if we both met all the criteria. Otherwise, the one meets the highest percentage of the individual criteria is the winner.

Do you accept?

From yesterday:

BodyMedia FIT data for March 12, 2011
Calories Burned - 2472 | Calories Consumed - 2192 | Total Activity - 0:31 | Moderate Activity - 0:31 | Vigorous Activity - 0:00 | Steps Taken - 6979 | Sleep Duration - 6:59 | Lying Down - 9:23 | Sleep Efficiency - 74%.

3 comments:

  1. "Each Day a New Beginning" (book title) Sounds like you have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Consider it a deal! Start today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Starting today! 6 weeks! Bootcamp!!

    ReplyDelete