Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4, 2010

Yesterday could have been better. The main culprit (other than my choices) was Hamburger Helper. I had a 2 cup portion, green beans and fruit cocktail for dinner. Not exactly gourmet, I know!! ;) Naturally, the sodium and fat numbers are too high from yesterday. My steps were rather low, too.

Calorie deficit = 1,104. Steps = 7,978. Water = 64. Sodium = 4,640. Fat = 32%.

I'm taking a Red Cross class today and will be out of the house all day. Tonight I'll get home just in time to make dinner for the hubby and the kids. Food and walking will be an issue since I'll be out of my routine.

Here's the plan. Pack a healthy lunch and snacks to take with me. Wear my walking shoes and spend the lunch hour walking. I will also stop and get a giangantic bottle of water to take to the class today to flush out the sodium from yesterday. Tonight for dinner I promised the kids fish sticks (another not so healthy choice for me). I'll serve cooked broccoli and cauliflower and oranges with dinner. I'll concentrate on those and check the box for a recommended portion size on the fish sticks. No tarter sauce!!!

Here's to the promise of a good day despite the odds!!

BTW, I bought a container of salt substitute yesterday. It was expensive at more than $7 for 11 ounces. I'll let you know what I think of the taste. I recall trying some years ago and finding the taste oddly metallic. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. The calorie deficit was great. You must be using the treadmill, because it was freezing!!! outdoors walking today. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete